Work Location: Ho Chi Minh
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 40,000,000 - 60,000,000 VND / Monthly
Policy & Benefits Advisor (cum Recruitment)
1. Employee Relations & Employee engagement
· Local employee value proposition
- Make company a great place to work locally
- Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
- Support legal entity related boards
- Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D&I agenda for the country
- Translate of external related legislation/ requirements into policy, process, application (eg: LSR, Alcohol/drugs, D&I participation – setting strategy participation D&I) in collaboration with relevant HR Expertise areas.
· Local ERIR SME
- Provide country specific SME ER/IR advice
- Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line LMs (formal/ informal)
· Capability building
- Collaborate with HR expertise to ensure good solid knowledge of Labor practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and development
- Coach HR Advisors and LMs on quality ER, Ethics & Compliance
1. Industrial relations
· Government/ Union relations
- Prevent and manage industrial action if any (eg: strike)
- Develop and leverage relationship with Union and employer associations
- Prepare & execute CLA negotiation strategy and manage external and internal stakeholders, implement outcome of CLA negotiation
- Advice on external legislation for policy, process and tool development
- Run required local governmental reporting and external reporting
· Contractor Management
- Have oversight and influence of major contractors in their IR strategy/tactics where applicable (liaise with CP)
- Assess IR management component of contractor tenders
- Manage relationship with employers of contractors (regulation of terms, co-employment risk)
2. HSSE, Ethics, Compliance
· Crisis Management
- Manage HR angle of crisis in collaboration with key stakeholders like CCh, RE, Health & Services
- Ensure connection with relevant external experts on Compliance and how it impacts Shell locally (Code of conduct related)
- Sense (also through the line and HR advice) what goes on in the organization and anticipate what topics can grow into grievances
- Act as country LSR focal point
· Complex Case management
- Lead HR investigations, GHL complaints and other grievances
- Manage high impact or high risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues including mediation, consequence management and dismissal (liaising with relevant parties like Legal, E&C)
- Respond to escalated employee and line manager queries applying local policy/legislation
3. Pay & Benefits advisor:
- Assist HRM to calculate, validate, submit, update data/ information (where applicable) in Pay, Benefit review exercises. Ensure data quality and accuracy in all calculations and submission
- Support for queries on pay & benefits
- Support LM to communicate pay & benefits to employees
4. Resourcing to business
Be responsible for recruitment for all functions including outsourced labor (job briefing, sourcing; screening CV/applications, interviewing, extending offers, coordinating on-
- boarding activities, etc.).
- Work closely with Hiring Managers in the selection process and act as a talent advisor to ensure recruitment delivery as per targeted KPI as well as best recruitment results for business.
- Track & provide recruitment reporting where required.
- Ensure execution of recruitment policies and processes in full compliance to company and legal standard
- Proactively do talent mapping and always keep close follow up with market to be updated on talent movement.
- Continuously explore, benchmark and evaluate new channels/tools of recruitment at local level to maximize effectiveness of candidate attraction and selection.
- Build and manage the candidate pool by identifying & using multiple talent channels (including, but not limited to, 3rd party agencies, social networking sites, corporate website, OR, referral systems, external job boards, etc.)
Finally, job holder may be expected to handle other tasks assigned by line manager
- Leverage and cultivate superior employer reputation in local markets
· Consultation/ Employee representation
- Develop & leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative bodies
- Translate global ER philosophy to local ER strategy and plan
- Manage local consultation processes and requirements
- Provide input for Global change coordinator and to HR Expertise for ERIR
· Have a demonstrable track record of building strong teams and implementing robust HR policies, processes and strategies.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills both Vietnamese & English.
Strong stakeholder management capability and Team working
- Attraction, assessment & selection: Skill
- Change Mgmt: Knowledge
- D&I: Skill
- ER/IR: Skill
- HR Information & Analysis: Skill