Market Research & Media Manager
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 50,000,000 - 70,000,000 VND / Monthly
The Market Research and Media Manager is responsible for selecting the appropriate research methodology and support techniques to meet a defined business objective as well as being in charge of media and execution of authorized plans. The Research Manager will works closely with vendors or Market Research ensuring the successful execution of research data. This position will focus on consumer research to support brand innovation and activation. The role will require that the candidate develop research plans, utilize both agile and best-in-class research methodologies, and analyze, translate data from a variety of sources into insights to help build disruptive marketing plans for new product launches.
MARKET RESEARCH (70%)
· Manage research projects, including learning plans that align business questions to research objectives, designing research methodology, developing questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinating research stimuli, analyzing research and reporting on findings.
· Develop methodologies and execute consumer insights projects with a strong understanding of an array of techniques across proposition development – from insights and product ideation methods to pricing, communications and in-market evaluation. This will require experience in both innovative techniques that will lead to deeper and more unique insights on proposition development, as well as best-in-class methodologies in measurement and proposition sizing.
· Activities include, but are not limited to, ideation sessions, concept testing, product optimization studies, product positioning studies, communications exploratory, copy testing, price elasticity, pack tests, consumer segmentation, brand health & equity, brand stretch studies and various qualitative techniques, including ethnography.
· Conduct thorough and careful analysis of data, gather critical information, and effectively prioritize tasks and projects to deliver quality solutions.
· Communicate insights from research through reports and presentations to ensure clear understanding of information.
· Monthly tracking market share & consumer behavior to highlight key hotspot to improve brand performance
· Proactively engage with business partners to drive insight into actions
· Ensure strong negotiation resulting in breakthrough, efficient and effective media deals. Identify unique media buying opportunities. Make decisions regarding spending levels and placement tactics.
· Pursue significant business opportunities and added-value programs via media partnerships. Infuse the media program with innovation and strategic vision.
· Manage media budgets and execution of authorized plans, purchase orders and media payments. Communicate with agencies and outside vendors for billing issues and dispute resolution.
· Maintain accurate spending forecasts and update as needed; manage all activity for media budget tracking.
· Work with Market Research, agencies and brand teams to optimize return on investment for media planning and advertising management.
· Monitor the media marketplace to stay abreast of trends, identify opportunities and emerging issues, and understand new technologies and consumer reaction.
· Manage the media planning and media buying processes, including identifying or maximizing strong marketing opportunities with other managers in the Marketing function.
· Analyse results of media efforts and develop measures of success. Ensure programs result in highest possible levels of business benefit.
· Develop and coordinate breakthrough, integrated programs across advertising disciplines and deliver excellent executions through our advertising and media agencies. Supervise TV, Print and other media planning, buying and scheduling.
Develop best practices for media planning and buying processes, competitive media analysis, media cost and performance benchmarks, and media effectiveness. Set and monitor media cost and performance benchmarks with agencies.
· At least 3 – 5 successful years in research works. Prefer candidates who come from professional research agencies in tracking and quaititative.
· Strong ability to articulate and demonstrated good business minded judgment
· Passion for consumer insight, creative and insightful
· An experienced leader/ strategic thinker with demonstrated success in uncovering unique consumer/marketplace insights and turning them into winning ideas in market
· Influencing skills & Team work ability, multi tasks
· Experience in eComm and digital/social research analytics and measurement
· Expertise in various research methodologies
· Ability to tell a compelling story from data
· Fluency in English is required, excellent at Microsoft Excel and Power Point