Purchasing Manager (Sale and Marketing) - FMCG
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh
Job type: Full-Time
1. Category Scope – Develops sourcing strategies for the more complex and difficult to manage Local categories and projects in Vietnam. Executes global category strategies and local implementation programs. Liaises with the Global/Region to ensure country spend is managed in line with agreed sourcing strategies. Jointly responsible with Regional Team for local implementation of Regional and Global sourcing strategies.
2. Sourcing Management – Uses the Sourcing Management Process to apply required tools in the creation and implementation of local source plans to manage assurance of supply, quality, service, cost, innovation and regulatory compliance within the Country, resulting in breakthrough strategies which optimize value and ensure appropriate risk management.
1. Proactive Cost Management: Achieves cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment targets, and adds value to area of expenditure through a strong total cost orientation. Identifies and documents all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
2. Market Knowledge and Insight: Links market knowledge and country requirements to Region sourcing managers supporting the creation of breakthrough strategies.
3. Supplier Management: Assists in evaluating potential suppliers on country specific issues. Is familiar with the various suppliers and business product lines available in Vietnam. Responsible for building relationships with Local suppliers and managing supplier performance against business requirements using proven processes; ensures adequate inclusion of diversity suppliers in RFPs and contracts as applicable.
4. Stakeholder Management and Business Sponsorship: understanding supply strategies and agreements and describing the benefits to Vietnam based stakeholders. Assists in analyzing customer’s business and evaluate if there are potential savings through supplier consolidation. Responsible for engaging assigned key country stakeholders and partners with them across divisions to define and meet or exceed business requirements and identify and manage profit plan savings targets. Understands strategic business requirements short and long term horizon.
5. Contract Negotiation and Management: Once strategy is approved, personally leads the sourcing including RFX, RFP, negotiations and contracting for Local categories to put in place the right suppliers.
6. People Management (if applicable): Responsible for selection, development, retention, and performance management of country procurement personnel.
- At least 5 year experience in procurement
- Has experience with event management, contract management
- Has strategic thinking, negotiation skill
- Good at communication in VIET and ENG
Nice to have:
- Has existing network with local hotels/restaurants/ground transportation
- Has experience in FMCG
- Has experience in team leading, project management